13 dic 2013

SHORT ESSAY:  "A HOUSE ON FIRE"
 
I had never seen a house on fire before, so, one evening when I heard fire engines with loud alarm bells rushing past my house, I quickly ran out , and few streets away, joined a large crowd of people. We could see the fire only from a distance because the police would not allow anyone near the building on fire.

What a terrible scene I saw that day! Huge flames of fire were coming out of each floor, and black and thick smoke spread all around. Four fire engines were engaged and the firemen in their uniform were playing the hose on various parts of the building. Then the tall ladders of the fire engine were stretched upwards. Some firemen climbed up with hoses in their hands. The continuous flooding brought the fire under control but the building was completely destroyed.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario